Tubeless valves for CF Pro

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
Hi guys

Does anyone know which tubeless valves are best for the CF Pro? I didn't get any with my bike and YT sent me a link to a £30 pair which seems excessive...

Cheers!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm sure they will!!!

The main difference between the valves is the shape of the rubber bit that sits into the rim. The ones that YT point you at will be the perfect fit. But you don't need a perfect fit with regards to angle etc, all you need is a round seal.

Just wind some plumber's tape around the base of the valve. About 4-5 layers should do the trick. Insert the valve and tap it in with a soft hammer. Then screw the collar on nice and tight to pull it down even further.

Plumber's tape = PTFE. It's a very thin, very flexible white tape about 10mm wide. Plumbers use it to seal threaded and compression joints. My plumber Dad (GRHS) introduced me to it many years ago and I've been using it ever since. :) Cost is minimal and it will last for years. Any DIY store should have some.

PS: Top Tip: If you have some Gorilla tape, put two short layers across the valve hole (err, from the inside, obvs) and pierce through, then widen the hole with something tapered. It will provide extra sealing capability.
Edit more than one year later: Do not let Gorilla tape anywhere bear your bike rims! It is an absolute bar steward to get off! Use something else instead.

Last edited:

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
I used the Stans valves for my race pro and they worked perfectly, cost around £14.00 for the pair, got the 44mm ones which gives a nice length through the rim.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes. Shrader tubeless bike rim valves are also available but in order to fit them you need to drill your rims presta valve holes out to 21/64" (8.5mm metric is close enough)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles