Other Trek Slash-e Rumors

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
My LBS told me there will be a new Trek Ebike by the end of the month. He didnt tell me which but from our conversation i got to know its not a new rail. So did Trek maybe develop a Slash-e equipped with a TQ-HPR50? Did you hear/see anything.

I know of at least one youtuber that got a bike box this week and since then his social channels are pretry quiet. Else he is posting daily. But I guess he is testing and filming seceretly somewhere the new bike.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
I'm not really feeling the Bosch. Louder and bulkier than the TQ, it has more power so you need the bigger battery or the range would suffer?

I'm in the camp that's very happy with the Fuel EXe/TQ. Especially at these eBike prices, hoping to get 2-3 seasons out of it.
But I have pondered a LT version- 160mm, 63.5 HT with a 170 fork, 440 stays. separate flip chip and adjustable headset please. Keep the TQ motor and removable battery.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'm not really feeling the Bosch. Louder and bulkier than the TQ, it has more power so you need the bigger battery or the range would suffer?

I'm in the camp that's very happy with the Fuel EXe/TQ. Especially at these eBike prices, hoping to get 2-3 seasons out of it.
But I have pondered a LT version- 160mm, 63.5 HT with a 170 fork, 440 stays. separate flip chip and adjustable headset please. Keep the TQ motor and removable battery.
Everything is a compromise. You may opt for one, others for another. Simples.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Chances are high its a light emtb since a trek ambassador did hike a bike with it to hörnli hut at mt. Matterhorn in switzerland. See his insta story with censored bike

Screenshot_20230803-225603_Instagram.jpg

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Listened to The Future of eBike Technology? – TQ Drives

In the last quarter (at 47:42 min ) Anna from TQ hinted that 12. July marks the anniversairy of the TQ HPR-50 (Big launch of HPR 50 with Trek Fuel exe) and that one year after that date and a few weeks later their will be another big thing announced. Anna "its gonna get really exciting again".

This makes me still thinking its possible we will get the second Trek MTB using a TQ Motor. We now are a few weeks later than 12.July so maybe we know more in just some days. Maybe even a complete new drivetrain if they compare the launch of it to the launch of the HPR 50 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
will tomorrow ever come? id love a slash shaped EXE style mid range SL ebike..
if tomorrow never comes... 😅

my LBS hinted me the date of the new analog slash. I was misinterpreting it for the Slash-E thats why I wrote tomorrow. The LBS usually only sells Ebikes. Don't know why he got the info about the analog slash and told me there will be a new bike🤷‍♂️ sorry guys

Foxy87

Aug 18, 2019
Switzerland
You guys do realize the bike you were talking about was the new aluminium Fuel Exe (which Sandro Schmid was carrying on his shoulders in the pic) right? AFAIK there is no E slash coming... It will rather be an updated Rail.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
You guys do realize the bike you were talking about was the new aluminium Fuel Exe (which Sandro Schmid was carrying on his shoulders in the pic) right? AFAIK there is no E slash coming... It will rather be an updated Rail.
Why do you think its the alu fuel exe. The bike was already released at the time. So no need to hide it😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles