Rail (625Wh) Trek Rail warranty frame does not fit my Fox X2.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Again you are wrong, the bottom bracket height drops slightly in the lower mino link position.
If you are looking at the bike from the drive side - As the suspension compresses (lowering the BB) the shock rotates clockwise, pivoting from the lower mount, increasing the clearance between the shock and seat tube.

On certain bikes you have to run in the high position if you buy a shock with a larger diameter body or coil.
NO You are wrong if you can't see how it all works as i said before I'm done explaining
All your doing know is making yourself look daft or you are just out for reactions you choose
i can't give you any more info and it's not just me giving the info
the thread is now full of explanations as to why your wrong, yet you still insist on arguing
PLEASE RE READ THE THREAD
Dont quote me again because if you do i guess you are just out for a reaction and there's a tag for that on the internet
Have a good day

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
NO You are wrong if you can't see how it all works as i said before I'm done explaining
All your doing know is making yourself look stupid or you are just out for reactions you choose
i can't give you any more info and it's not just me giving the info
the thread is now full of explanations as to why your wrong, yet you still insist on arguing
PLEASE RE READ THE THREAD
Dont quote me again because if you do i guess you are just out for a reaction and there's a tag for that on the internet
Have a good day

I'm not looking for a reaction at all. If you don't know how suspension and geometry works then you shouldn't be posting imo. Like I said, as you go through the travel the shock body moves further away from the seat tube, it does this the most at the first part of it's travel (Mino link settings).

Clearly shown here at 1:00 (different bike but similar setup)

OP has already tried both settings and neither work so it's probably their frame that's the issue. I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I'm not looking for a reaction at all. If you don't know how suspension and geometry works then you shouldn't be posting imo. Like I said, as you go through the travel the shock body moves further away from the seat tube, it does this the most at the first part of it's travel.

Clearly shown here at 1:00 (different bike but similar setup)

But when you change the mino link position the shock is not moving through the travel, or changing in any way, the shock is in exactly the same position , with the same eye to eye length, and stroke , as it always was, the only thing that changes is the length of the seat stay ,and it is that change that raises or lowers the bike and changes the overall geo .

of course when the shock is compressed by someone sitting on the bike, or hitting a bump the shock body moves away from the frame, but the shock is not compressed by just changing the mino link position.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
But when you change the mino link position the shock is not moving through the travel, or changing in any way, the shock is in exactly the same position , with the same eye to eye length, and stroke , as it always was, the only thing that changes is the length of the seat stay ,and it is that change that raises or lowers the bike and changes the overall geo .

of course when the shock is compressed by someone sitting on the bike, or hitting a bump the shock body moves away from the frame, but the shock is not compressed by just changing the mino link position.
Thank you :)
I can't do it anymore and in my honest opinion he is the one that should stop posting because he plainly knows bugger all about this and should take a piece of his own advice that he gave me in his last post.

Thanks Again

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
I'm not looking for a reaction at all. If you don't know how suspension and geometry works then you shouldn't be posting imo.
You're really starting to make yourself look extremely silly here now. Please. Go and read all the posts above and have a think.

The mino link doesn't affect ANYTHING in front of the seat tube. All it changes is the length of the seat stays. That changes the rear triangle geometry, which has an impact on the external frame of reference between the bike frame as a whole and the rest of the world, but internal geometry in front of the seat tube is entirely unaffected.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Wow so much anger in here :ROFLMAO:

Yes the shock is pretty much the same in both positions, there might be 0.25mm difference in stroke length if that.
Along with the change of seatstay length, the angle between the seatstay and chainstay changes (by the pivot next to the rear wheel axle). This means points 1 and 2 below are closer to eachother, and that forces the upper link to rotate anti-clockwise slightly. You can see how this dim and angle changes through the travel in the vid I posted above

1669295764906.png

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

Yes the shock is pretty much the same in both positions, there might be 0.25mm difference in stroke length if that.
Along with the change of seatstay length, the angle between the seatstay and chainstay changes (by the pivot next to the rear wheel axle). This means points 1 and 2 below are closer to eachother, and that forces the upper link to rotate anti-clockwise slightly. You can see how this dim and angle changes through the travel in the vid I posted above

View attachment 101998
no it doesnt - but happy to agree to disagree.

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Nobody's angry, but I think we're all finding the process of debating with you slightly baffling. It's like arguing with a five year old, except the five year old might get it.

You have cause and effect all backwards. The shock length has not changed. The shock does not care about the length of the seatstay. it doesn't magically get shorter because the seatstay has got longer.

The three points that matter here are marked up using your diagram.

1669295764906.jpeg

AB and AC are a fixed distance apart. BC is the shock, the shock is the same length as before. Therefore the angle of the linkage is the same as before. Anything that goes on in the rear triangle doesn't affect the triangle ABC at all. Unless you change the stroke of the shock when fully extended, or compress the shock, ABC is utterly unaffected.

(Edited to change chain stay to seat stay because while it wasn't wrong that the shock doesn't care about the chain stay length, it's not terribly relevant)

Last edited:

GIORIDER

Oct 30, 2022
USA
Did you look up the serial number on the shock you got back? I would suspect its different. If you still have the originonal box compare the serials. I know the new rail frames on the high end have differ geo

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Maybe some parabola or hyperbola equations might help. I’m gonna dig out my old Erector set and get to the truth. 😏

GlassKnee

Aug 30, 2020
New Zealand
Man, didn’t check this thread for a while as I already sold the bike.

1. Mino Link - Adjusted to low and high didn’t work as it is still hitting the frame for both setting.

2. For the people saying the rear linkage or triangle is different size- Rear Rocker and Linkage from old bike was attached to the new frame and still shock was hitting the frame

3. For the ones saying it’s a different Shock - No it’s not, it’s the same shock.

Trust me whatever you think will fix it we have already tried before I sold the bike.

Trek explained that some batch of frames will have different measurements and they will not send a different frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles