Trek Rail extra protection

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Just a quick tip/hack for a little extra protection around the key entry point on the frame. I've used a 16mm electrical blanking grommet and cut a slit for key access. It should minimise water ingress out on the trail in this area.
IMG_20210112_180944.jpg
IMG_20210112_181009.jpg

Vans

Dec 5, 2020
Wrexham
Like that...thanks for sharing. Have you by any chance done anything to improve the battery seal to prevent front wheel spray/mud getting into the downtube??

Vans

Dec 5, 2020
Wrexham
thanks again...looks great...
presumably its available from DIY shops...is there a specific size i should get??

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
thanks again...looks great...
presumably its available from DIY shops...is there a specific size i should get??

only a few quid for about a mile of the stuff.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
That picture is my battery on worktop in my kitchen ... How did it end up on here :)
Sorry @Davidwylie , I remember you posted it to me on facebook Trek group. It's a brilliant and simple thing to do for added protection. I did it myself, bought the stuff off ebay, but I was replying to the post at work, I only had your pic to explain \ show how to do it. I hope you don't mind

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Sorry @Davidwylie , I remember you posted it to me on facebook Trek group. It's a brilliant and simple thing to do for added protection. I did it myself, bought the stuff off ebay, but I was replying to the post at work, I only had your pic to explain \ show how to do it. I hope you don't mind

Nah of course I dont mind, its good to share the neat ideas around, when I seen it I just thought "oh someones done the same thing as me" then it was, "hang on, thats my toaster, thats my battery" :) I think it something all Rail owners should do, even when I hose the bike down, nothing gets in the battery compartment.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Nah of course I dont mind, its good to share the neat ideas around, when I seen it I just thought "oh someones done the same thing as me" then it was, "hang on, thats my toaster, thats my battery" :) I think it something all Rail owners should do, even when I hose the bike down, nothing gets in the battery compartment.
It really is a simple thing to do, same with the electrical blanking grommet on this thread, costs pretty much nothing but does the job!

Vans

Dec 5, 2020
Wrexham
thanks again guys...I love my Rail and Trek design...but I really don't know why they didn't fit a seal here...it's right in the spray line of the front wheel

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles