Rail (625Wh) Trek Rail Carbon Vs Aluminum

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
I was talking about the 9.8 and that is 22,3kg with tubes and I run tubeless and carbon wheels so its close to 22 kg, but that is only around 1.5kg difference. Still it feels quite a bit heavier to me when I have ridden them (and pushed them up mountains) back to back. Could be the suspension plays a bigger part than I thought, when it comes to the "heavier" feel when riding the Rail 7.
Anyway, I've had no problems with the 2 carbon frames I've had so far. I ran the first one for 2600km, and my 2021 I've ridden 2800km by now. Can't say the same for the Bosch motors though. Replaced twice under warranty on my first one, and yesterday the motor failed on my new one.
The 7 and the 9.7 have the closest spec, giving an approximation of frame weight difference.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
What's going wrong with the motors?
I think it was water entering the first one. Waiting for diagnostics on the current one. 500 error, so some failure in the drive unit.
I ride my bikes pretty hard. Almost exclusively on single tracks, and all year round (lots of snow here in the winter) so I’m almost surprised it lasted over a year 😅

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
I think it was water entering the first one. Waiting for diagnostics on the current one. 500 error, so some failure in the drive unit.
I ride my bikes pretty hard. Almost exclusively on single tracks, and all year round (lots of snow here in the winter) so I’m almost surprised it lasted over a year 😅
Yeah I was wondering if it might be water ingress I try my best to avoid water but I did have a motor replaced due to broken motor mount bracket 😅

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles