Trek Rail battery stuck

ronianash

Mar 27, 2020
Squamish, BC
Hung my bike up for the winter and had no issues. Just took it down to charge the battery and now I can't get the battery out of the frame. The key turns and the top of the battery pops out .... I just can't budge it after that. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
Try pushing the battery downward toward the motor while pulling it out. Or if you have the T-25 security bit, loosen the upper or lower screws under the down tube to free up the dockings. You'll need to adjust them up or down slightly afterwards to loosen up the tightness of the battery retention.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
are you pushing the release bar after it pops out after turning the key , there 2 stages to removing the battery

Zuza

Apr 9, 2021
Brno
Try pushing the battery downward toward the motor while pulling it out. Or if you have the T-25 security bit, loosen the upper or lower screws under the down tube to free up the dockings. You'll need to adjust them up or down slightly afterwards to loosen up the tightness of the battery retention.
Hi, I do have the same problem. Can you maybe share a photo of the screws you are mentioning? I am not sure which ones.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles