Other Trek Rail 5 EBike 500w charging question

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
Just taken delivery of my Trek Rail 5 Deore, its come with a Bosch charger which has a euro 2 point plug so I’ve stuck that into an adaptor I had. The display shows two bold bars on the battery but my question is, when charging do you get a charging symbol or a green light on the battery or display as I’m not seeing anything like that?

Im not sure if it’s charging or not, I’ve got two adaptor plugs which I use for charging toothbrush and it chargers them up.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
On our Bosch Compact Battery Chargers while the battery is charging a green light blinks on and off.

There are 5 green lights on the battery for 0-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100% charge.

The one that blinks is the % currently being charged.

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
I got a euro 2 point plug supplied with mine, I’ve used a uk shaver plug adapter and I’m not seeing any green lights blink on or off on mine, it’s been charging for a good 90 mins and it’s still stuck on 2 bars on the purion display? I’ve also taken the battery out and pressed the button to wake it from sleep mode as per the bike shops recommendations.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I got a euro 2 point plug supplied with mine, I’ve used a uk shaver plug adapter and I’m not seeing any green lights blink on or off on mine, it’s been charging for a good 90 mins and it’s still stuck on 2 bars on the purion display? I’ve also taken the battery out and pressed the button to wake it from sleep mode as per the bike shops recommendations.
I'm talking about charging the battery while removed from the bike!!!

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
Ok I’ll try that but does the prion screen show a charging symbol when the battery is installed in the bike do you know?

Taken the battery out and stuck it on charge again, not seeing any of the green lights blink tbh.

Starting to suspect I’ve got a duff charger?

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Ok I’ll try that but does the prion screen show a charging symbol when the battery is installed in the bike do you know?

Taken the battery out and stuck it on charge again, not seeing any of the green lights blink tbh.

Starting to suspect I’ve got a duff charger?

I just put a battery in my wife's bike which has a Purion display (which is monochrome of course). Charge amount is shown by five black blocks (0-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100%). When charging the block being charged blinks on and off about every second.

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
I’ve figured it out, so they supplied a 2 pin plug for the charger, I stuck it in my uk to euro adaptor plug, and no sign of life. Then realised it was a 1 amp fuse in the plug so just nipped to B&Q and bought a charger cable with a uk plug fitted With a 3 amp fuse.

Works a treat now and charging up as we speak, battery is flashing at the level it’s currently charged at.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles