Fuel EXe Trek Fuel EX-e 9.9 AXs battery / charger problem

Colin46

Aug 11, 2023
United Kingdom
I’ve had my trek fuel exe for nearly a month now with no issues at all, the bike is amazing, however, yesterday I came back from a ride, cleaned the bike and put it away with about 56% charge. A friend called and said are we going for a ride in the morning.
I went to charge the bike to full ready for the ride and the charger keeps flashing red.
the bike powers on and everything works but it won’t charge.
I tried to pull the battery out but it only comes half way and then sticks, I didn’t want to pull any harder to pushed it back in and refied the bolts.
I have phoned the place where I purchased the bike and they are sending another charger out so hopefully that fixes the charging issue.
if it doesn’t, along with the sticking battery, Im going to see about replacing the bike as I want to purchased a second battery for longer rides.

no error codes on the bike at all so we will see what happens when the new charger arrives.

TheMarlonator

Oct 1, 2023
Staffs
I’ve just had the same issue. Did you get it fixed?

I did notice that the flap was open on the charge port and was wet when I plugged in. Hoping this is a safety mechanism and when dry it’ll work?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I’ve had my trek fuel exe for nearly a month now with no issues at all, the bike is amazing, however, yesterday I came back from a ride, cleaned the bike and put it away with about 56% charge. A friend called and said are we going for a ride in the morning.
I went to charge the bike to full ready for the ride and the charger keeps flashing red.
the bike powers on and everything works but it won’t charge.
I tried to pull the battery out but it only comes half way and then sticks, I didn’t want to pull any harder to pushed it back in and refied the bolts.
I have phoned the place where I purchased the bike and they are sending another charger out so hopefully that fixes the charging issue.
if it doesn’t, along with the sticking battery, Im going to see about replacing the bike as I want to purchased a second battery for longer rides.

no error codes on the bike at all so we will see what happens when the new charger arrives.
You’re going to replace the whole
Bike just because you want a second battery? That doesn’t make sense?

Colin46

Aug 11, 2023
United Kingdom
You’re going to replace the whole
Bike just because you want a second battery? That doesn’t make sense?

I agree that was a daft idea

The bike is still working perfectly and charging normally now, I think I might have got a little bit of water in the charger port when I washed it but all is ok now and it hasn't happened since after washing.

Ive since upgraded the SRAM xx1 axs, that came on the bike, to the new SRAM xx t type and its performing perfectly.

I will have another look at the sticky battery at some point when I take the bike in for its next service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles