Trek, are you listening?

liv2ryd

Feb 15, 2019
Sutton, MA
Want to really wake up your 2019 Powerfly? Put a 29er fork and front wheel on and watch the sparks fly! I've been testing a LT7 and recently put a RS Lyrik 160 w 30mm front rim/Maxxis DHF 2.5 WT. I found the stock setup to be rather vague when pushing the bike thru turns and the weight bias to be front end heavy for hoping over logs, rocks etc...

Now I can corner with authority, pushing the bike into turns at higher speeds with much greater confidence. Lofting the front end is now much easier as well. My speed thru technical sections of trails is significantly faster and I'm now confident pushing in sections where I would back off previously. I can honestly say this should be what Trek releases for next season. Trek, are you listening!

I had the privilege of testing an Intense Tazer for a few days and loved the way that bike handled but I was not impressed with the battery integration. The Powerfly battery setup is a much better design but its trail performance was not even close to the Tazer. Now with the new front end, it has that same trail killer instinct.

No comments on the cable ties for the fender please, its a temporary setup.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles