TranzX Dropper Post Service Kit

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
My bike came with a TranzX 130mm dropper post on it, which I've fairly regularly stripped, cleaned and regressed but the top wiper seal has now seen better days and the bushings could also probably do with a replacement. I've had a look for service kits, but can't seem to find one. The best I can find is one which may fit from Italy, but at over £50! And no guarantees.

It looks like there are a lot of droppers which are pretty much the same (brandX being one from the looks of it) for which you can relatively easily get service kits. Does anyone know which kits, if any, would fit? The shaft's 24.5mm if that helps. Not sure if that's a standard size?

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a BrandX service kit which looked the same as I needed. And..... its exactly the same, with the exception the diameter is 2mm smaller on everything!

So, I think I'll just accept its time for a new dropper. There are also a few small scratches down the stantion which even a service kit wouldn't fix.

Thinking if a BrandX one for £85 or so, having spent a bit of time looking at the reviews off the more expensive stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles