Transporting bike complete Inside car

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
At least a fork mount prevents someone watching their front axle roll down the roller shutter of their pickup and wedge down the bed and cab ??‍♂️

Robb

Jun 11, 2021
Cheadle
I can get an e-gravel and an e-hardtail into the back of my Yeti with the seats down but since I live alone, the three back seats are now removed (ten seconds per seat) and living in the loft so getting two e-bikes in is not so difficult. I made "templates" out of MDF to cover the footwells and provide hidden extra storage

View attachment 63954
IMG_0714.jpeg

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I can get an e-gravel and an e-hardtail into the back of my Yeti with the seats down but since I live alone, the three back seats are now removed (ten seconds per seat) and living in the loft so getting two e-bikes in is not so difficult. I made "templates" out of MDF to cover the footwells and provide hidden extra storage

View attachment 63954 View attachment 63955
What size are the bikes and do you have a photo them in the back without the cover on please?

Robb

Jun 11, 2021
Cheadle
What size are the bikes and do you have a photo them in the back without the cover on please?
The bikes are medium, 19 inch frame and 29 inch wheels. I don't have a photo of both bikes in the back but I shall post here when I get the chance to photo them

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Lay down the back seats is usually the easiest way to create a flat surface from the trunk to the back of the car's interior. Additionally, most bikes can fit in a car if you remove the front wheel. To do this, simply release the quick-release skewer or loosen the thru-axle on the front wheel, allowing you to slide it out of the fork dropouts.
I have to remove the front wheel - made a small stand that goes under the motor/BB to support the bike whilst removing/refitting it. So much less hassle now . .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles