Trance E+2 (2019) Free Hub Body

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Has anyone replaced their freehub body on the above bike? If so can someone link me to a part number or an aftermarket that will fit?

I can’t check on my current FHB because it’s jammed stuck in the cassette I was replacing!

thanks

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Has anyone replaced their freehub body on the above bike? If so can someone link me to a part number or an aftermarket that will fit?

I can’t check on my current FHB because it’s jammed stuck in the cassette I was replacing!

thanks

Anyone??? :)

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
20200826_080826.jpg

Apparently they are nearly perfect and nobody here has ever had to order one (my case) or nobody does repairs on there own shit, and they remain clueless. Lol.

Had to take mine apart to find the info requested. Your welcome! Or I'm an idiot and took a picture of the wrong doodad.

The one in the picture had traveled about 4000 miles give or take 40% (giant has no odometer) and has survived at least 4 cassettes and 5 chains riding through almost constant sticky or muddy single track in boost mode by a hack.

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Thank you for doing this, much appreciated. Just checking, is yours a trance e+2?

I was given another part ref by giant spares today but it says it’s for the “fathom e2” and I don’t know if it will be the same

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Thank you for doing this, much appreciated. Just checking, is yours a trance e+2?

I was given another part ref by giant spares today but it says it’s for the “fathom e2” and I don’t know if it will be the same
No trouble really as I was swapping another dead cassette. I felt the need to be dramatic though. ?

Mine is a 2019 Trance e+ Pro 1, but I thought the wheels were the same?

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Ok so the saga continues ?..... Giant no longer run that FHB for my 2019 and have an upgraded D21 Hub Kit that you have to buy in order to get a new FHB. No problem, I ordered, received next day and went to fit but the new FHB doesn’t fit on the through axle.

question.....how do I remove this bit !

image.jpg

image.jpg

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Apparently they are nearly perfect and nobody here has ever had to order one (my case) or nobody does repairs on there own shit, and they remain clueless. Lol.

Had to take mine apart to find the info requested. Your welcome! Or I'm an idiot and took a picture of the wrong doodad.

The one in the picture had traveled about 4000 miles give or take 40% (giant has no odometer) and has survived at least 4 cassettes and 5 chains riding through almost constant sticky or muddy single track in boost mode by a hack.
They do last a long time - as in I've never had one fail. It's strange because they do have lots of little balls and should be cleaned and greased every now and then. I have a couple of acoustic bikes that I've been meaning to do this on because they've never been done and they're both circa 2012! I think your one needs a 15mm hex key to undo (shimano?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles