Giant Syncdrive pro Reign 2020 free hub issue

Wesley

May 14, 2023
Australia
Hi, just new to this forum and I'm hoping someone may have some experience with my issue.
I have a Giant Reign E+ 1 2020 model with the PWX motor.
I've had a problem with the motor now for about a year with no success in finding the cause.
Starting the ride has no issues until I put some heat into the motor, riding in trail mode 2nd lowest power mode say after 10 mins into the ride, as soon as I free wheel I get a wiring noise and for a second or two it feels like something is not disengaging in the motor, when I pedal there is no issue providing power I only have this issue when moving the cranks and stopping the cranks, when looking down you see the front chain ring still moving half a rotation when you stop pedaling.
I've had my motor serviced and they replaced the Motor crank bearings and cleaned and greased the internals, after this was done the problem went away only to return in 2-3 rides again, I've had the motor looked at again but they say it looks like you need to buy a new motor...

Last edited:

Wesley

May 14, 2023
Australia
I you think about what's inside the motor it must be the Motor Hub as the motor drives fine so the one way clutch would be ok, issue is only when you get on and off the pedals, any comments from anyone that has knowledge of motor internals?
Again after clean and grease the motor works fine for a few rides then back to the issue again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles