IMG_20200606_173815.jpg

IMG_20200606_173825.jpg

IMG_20200606_173731_1.jpg

IMG_20200606_173757.jpg

IMG_20200606_173738.jpg

Product name: Topeak shuttle digital gauge
Price paid: 57$ u.s.
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: The topeak digital gauge, is a must in my opinion, for anyone running low pressure tires where every psi makes a difference!
Such as fattbike riders or emtb'ers that usually run 2.6"-2.8" tires.
On my old analog bike it didn't make much difference if I pumped in 25 or 28 psi...
But when I got my new ebike with plussize 2.8" tires, and especially with tire inserts that allow me to run even lower pressures.. I started getting really inconsistent handling due to small changes in tire pressure.
So I started looking for a low pressure gauge.
Analog gauges can be verry accurate, but they are also verry sensitive to impacts.. not ideal for biking conditions... So I started looking for a good quality low pressure digital gauge.
Started looking for recommendations and reviews, and the two best ones I could find were both by topeak.
Enter the "Shuttle"!
Let me start by saying this is not a "cheap" gauge, by either meaning! It costs almost 60USD!
But.. it is also a quality product! You feel it from the first time you pick it up! It's solid, aluminum build reeks robustness.
It measures 0 up to 250psi! So it can double as a shock gauge too, if you don't already have one..
It works with both presta and Schrader valves, and can read in psi, bar, or kg/cm.
Its simple and straightforward! As you want from a good product.
Don't even need to turn it on! Just press it on the valve and lock the hefty aluminum thumb lever to lock it on and it immediately shows the pressure!
The head swivels independently of the gauge so you can turn it towards you to always see the screen..that has big easy to read digits.
And!!! The deal breaker for me!
It is a " pump thrue gauge"! Meaning that other than using it just to check pressure... You can connect your mini pump or trackstand pump hose to the other side of the head while it's connected to the tire! And pump right thrue it as you see the pressure change in real time, till you get to your desired pressure.
And if you got too much, a short press on the silver button on the back will release the pressure slowly for fine adjustment.
I love mine! And find it verry accurate and reliable clear down to the low teens (psi) which is where I run my tires.
The only reasons I gave it a nine and not a ten...is mainly price$$$ and weight/size.. but you wanted a quality aluminum built product!? That's what you got!!!???
I usually use it before riding.. it's a bit expensive to lose on the trail..
But I highly recommend it!
Tim

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles