For Sale (PARTS) Thule XT2 Easyfold (for spares or repair).

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Thule XT2 Easyfold for sale. Has developed an issue with the internal clamps that hold it onto the tow ball.

I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow but essentially one of the 4 internal clamps in the tow ball mount housing has come loose, it's attached at the top still but the bottom section no longer sits in place. You can manually manipulate it back into place to secure it (a 2 person job, 1 to hold the bike rack and 1 to manipulate the clamp) and it secures back onto the tow ball (I had to drive back from the alps last summer as this happened when we were away and it was fine).

Might be repairable or someone might be able to find the right parts, in which case the rest of the rack is in good used condition. Has 1 set of extra long wheel straps, 1 standard length, both bike adapters, both keys and electric connection/lighting etc all works. It's just under 3 yrs old.

Plenty of value in the rack if can't be repaired and you parted it out - which is what I'll do if no one wants to try fixing it (new prices for the 2 bike holders would be £65, light lenses £40 each. ratchets £27 each etc)

£100 collected from Margate (no offers).

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
2 pictures below show the clamp in the mounting mechanism that has come out of alignment. It might be possible to manipulate it back into position. Essentially, when I drove down to the alps last year it was fine. Then we put it in the boot of the car on its side whilst we rode the tour du mont blanc. When we tried to put it back on the tow ball we had this alignment issue with the clamp. Manually manipulated it back into place and it was fine but it's a 2 person job to get it back onto the tow ball as it stands at present.

20240205_102440.jpg
20240205_102451.jpg

Last edited:

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Bike rack below. Only has the long arm on it at present. Shorter one is included too.

20240205_102608.jpg
20240205_102621.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles