Thule Tour rear(or front) rack- Opinions

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Just bought one. Wondered if anyone else has fitted this rack to a suss and how they got on with it.

It's just to give me a few more options for carrying shopping. Normally I wear a backpack, but i never carry glass in a backpack and this at least allows me to carry my Rum home

Jun 16, 2019
Northants
I've got one for the front and rear. Decent, solidly made bits of kit. Use mine for easy bikepacking with some drybags bungeed atop of both. If you buy the side cages, you can easily use panniers too... I have a pair of old halfords ones that I use occasionally with no issues. Although I am looking at some of the thule shield bags.
If you don't want to scuff your paintwork/decals then using some electrical tape around the frame where they attach will help

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
I use old inner tubes to protect paintwork under anything I need to attach, just cut and wrap using double sided sticky tape to keep it in place, so nothing actually gets stuck to the paint.

Jun 16, 2019
Northants
Here's a quick pic of mine when I was trial fitting my racks and drybags for an overnighter.
Excuse the mess in the background😔

20211015_190247.jpg

H.E.

May 31, 2021
the mountains
I use one in the Winter season, its pretty solid not a lot of woggle even with heavy loads.
Can be used with Panniers but you need to buy the side frames extra and i would not buy the
Thule Panniers they have some issues.

Jun 16, 2019
Northants
I'd say there's probably slightly more adjustability on the thule ones as the topeak slide back and forth to set them level.. The thule ones have the silver bars(3 different lengths for rear so you can really fine tune the level position.(set whatever length silver brace bar you want and then you can slide the clamps also for a perfect fit)
Can't comment as to whether they're better or not though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles