two back tyres
one set of brake pads
replaced dropper post
changed the pedals and cranks
Had the forks upper service
stuck some stickers on it
custom headset
ride it to the best of my abilities, only three OTB’s😂
I have not done big miles just over 1500 and mostly bike parks so single track, small drops, small jumps, rock gardens etc.
I can’t fault the bike, it handles so well, yes I would like more travel and have looked at the 180RSX but don’t want to get rid of mine and then find out I preferred mine. So at the moment I will stick with mine. I was also unsure about the mullet set up preferring 27.5 like mine.
I wish I could get out on it more but work gets in the way of my life.
At the end of my work season, November I am hoping to get it serviced and maybe in the winter a good fork service by a company that know there stuff and can tune it for me and my riding style.
So if any one is thinking of buying a Whyte you will not be disappointed.
After three years with mine I still grin like a kid in a toy shop every time I go out in it. 👍

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have had a Whyte E180RS for 3 years and it is now on 1000kms ( it shares duties with another bike). I do all my own servicing except for the suspension. No faults and the only replacement parts changed due to wear has been the bottom jockey wheel and rear tyre ( Assegai DD).
Over those 3 years I have fitted one new chain, and new pads and had the Fox 38s serviced ( shock is due a service now but it will wait until winter!).
The bike is an absolute beast on gnarly gravity runs and is the bike I pick for the rougher trails/rides...or if I do not know what to expect.
The only changes I have made to the bike are to fit Deity riser bars ( cut to 780mm), Spank spoon pedals and 155mm Hope cranks.
It was originally paired with a Levo Comp but when that was stolen, I was so impressed with the build quality and spec that I bought another Whyte ( E160 RSX) as its partner which now gets used rather more than the E180.............but I would never sell the E180.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
had my E160s nearly 3 years. 6600kms so far and done 10000 on other bikes in that time.
many chains, one cassette, many brake pads, many suspension services, 2 new motors, 2 sets of tyres, 1 set cables
modified shock to MegNeg and Fork to 170mm
still grinning on every ride

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
had my E160s nearly 3 years. 6600kms so far and done 10000 on other bikes in that time.
many chains, one cassette, many brake pads, many suspension services, 2 new motors, 2 sets of tyres, 1 set cables
modified shock to MegNeg and Fork to 170mm
still grinning on every ride
How's the megneg working out for you?

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
How's the megneg working out for you?
MegNeg was an improvement to the basic shock. Only issue I have is that you have to put in more air pressure and given my weight (95Kg in my pants) that takes some doing. Had to buy a Lezyne shock pump to get the pressure required to even get close to 30% sag. I also bought the flip link that I run in the high setting (the instructions were wrong with the link, but Whyte did respond to my query quickly to help get it the right way around).

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey
I’m 2.5yrs in to my e-150rs. Love it. Such a planted ride. Don’t plan on ever getting rid of it. I certainly don’t need to!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Had my 150rs nearly 3 years, done naerly 6000 miles on it, iirc i think im on my 3rd cassette and probably 6 chains, on its 2nd motor, x2 headsets, x1 main pivot kit. Changed fork travel to 160 and shape it up link on back, frame bearings been changed once. Now got a DVO topaz shock. Also Hope fortus 30 wheels. Its been a brilliant bike thats ridden all year round, got 4000 miles on that first motor until a rock jammed rear wheel and ripped derailleur off, i think that caused the bearing damage in motor, 2nd motor is on around 1900 miles no issues, the parts replaced have been fair wear and tear and its had a very hard time. Its just a great bike and one i wont let go.
The newer 750wh e160s is a very much a step up in terms of range and adjustability of riding mode, but the 150rs is just as capable. Absolutely stonking bike, you wouldnt go far wrong buying a second hand 150rs thats been looked after, and if that e160 hadnt come along at a bargain i doubt there would be another bike i would want to buy. Whyte certainly build great bikes!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles