This thing just parked out the back of the house!

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Son spotted it first...

Buzzard01.jpg

Just having a warm up in the sun as very frosty here! :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
What is it, a Kite?
My first thought was an eagle, but you are too far south for that, unless it's an escapee!

EDIT: if it is an eagle and it's an escapee, it will be hungry. So keep tiddles and fido indoors.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I would have thought hovering over the pic to find its called Buzzard01.jpg might have given that game away!

Two a penny here too.

Did nearly smash into a Golden Eagle once when going skiing when I lived in Aberdeenshire. Scared the living crap out of me when I came round the corner to find it eating roadkill and then trying to take off. It was that big, I ducked in the car in case it came through the windscreen. Wingspan was wider than my car by quite a bit!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Shoot it.
Pluck it.
Roast it.

Today is Thanksgiving on this side of the pond.
That bird would be delicious with sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
That's it ?
Thanks for your contribution .
No, there was more that that. I was replying to the clown who felt it was best to shoot such a lovely creature. Perhaps I should have quoted that member directly, only felt the post when it was there was damning enough. It looks like the post and member have been removed from the thread.
So rather than me showing that member my distaste for posting such, it's now come across that i am yawning to the subject matter of the OP, which is very much not the case.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
No, there was more that that. I was replying to the clown who felt it was best to shoot such a lovely creature. Perhaps I should have quoted that member directly, only felt the post when it was there was damning enough. It looks like the post and member have been removed from the thread.
So rather than me showing that member my distaste for posting such, it's now come across that i am yawning to the subject matter of the OP, which is very much not the case.
OK..I didn't see the post removed ..apologies .

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Probably a joke I think.
Maybe let it go.
Nobody who hunts birds for the table would eat a bird of prey without being in starvation mode.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Not us. Normally if a post is removed because it's not deemed suitable for public consumption, we will also tidy up the other related posts, informing users why this has been done.

In this instance, it would appear that @RustyIron has blocked @2WheelsNot4 - hence why 2wheels can't see RustyIron's posts or quoted posts.

I would also presume that either @The Hodge has blocked RustyIron in the past or RustyIron has blocked The Hodge which is why The hodge just saw "Yawn" and not the quoted post in the reply.

Therefore, there's nothing for us to tidy up as for most users the thread reads correctly.

Whilst the block/ignore function is a great way of erasing people from your forum life, we do advise using it sparingly and sometimes unblocking people as a trial - they might be less annoying than you remember. Sometimes, like in this instance, it can be an over reaction to a miss understanding - which then means both parties may miss out on potentially positive future interactions.

When reading anything on a forum it's important to show a degree of tolerance and understanding as tone, expression and context are often difficult to convey. We do after all, share a common passion even though we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm not sure which way that worked ..but I can't say that my life has changed for the worse ( and cant be bothered to see who blocked who )..but thanks for clearing that up Mr.Moderator 😁

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
In this instance, it would appear that @RustyIron has blocked @2WheelsNot4 - hence why 2wheels can't see RustyIron's posts or quoted posts.

I would also presume that either @The Hodge has blocked RustyIron in the past or RustyIron has blocked The Hodge which is why The hodge just saw "Yawn" and not the quoted post in the reply.
Appears to be a Win-Win scenario then :LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles