Thinking of Making the switch to EMTB

MAJ93

Oct 25, 2020
chesterfield
Hello,
New here, as i'm currently weighing up a bike swap deal which could potentially land me a YT Decoy pro race 2019 model. The Bike looks in good nick so far on the photos and the bloke is currently waiting on a new mech and then the deal could be done- Is there anything else i should be wary of as I'm pretty new to EMTB? The deal is not too good to true or anything its pretty fair and the guy seems decent enough. Anything I should be checking for? Also are they easy to service yourself? Or am i better off getting it done professionally?

Any advice would be lovely!

Cheers, Matt.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You should ask it its been derestricted in any way, and you should also get him to log on to the bike with the Shimano App so you can see if its showing any faults, how many miles it has done, the battery health etc. He should be able to send you screen grabs of this.

Be aware the YT use's a proprietary battery, not the Shimano battery, and the most common issue we see on here with the bike tend to relate to that.

You could also try calling the guys at the YT Mill in Surrey to see where you might stand warranty wise

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
I don’t know about that bike specifically, my only comment would be to be prepared for higher running costs than on an mtb, I’ve got through quite a few sets of brake pads and a couple of chains in less than a year (to be fair some of this might be down to the fact that I loved the bike so much when I got it (and still do) that I rode if whatever the weather where as on my mtb if it was chucking it down I might not have bothered)!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles