The eagle has landed

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
After a few months of waiting, I finally got my hands on my new coal/gold Rise M-Team yesterday. It will be perhaps a few weeks before I can finally get a ride on it though due to a knee injury. Ack.
Anyway, a few things straight away:
- The bike came with alloy cranks rather than carbon. Anyone else that has picked up a new Rise recently see the same? Of course I have reached out to the dealer and Orbea directly for an explanation. Update: Orbea recently started shipping M-Team and M-LTD builds with alloy cranks due to a shortage of the carbon cranks. Via the warranty registration process, they will contact affected owners to have them bring their bikes to their dealer to have the correct carbon cranks installed when they become available, at no charge. There is a letter in the box with the other documentation explaining this.
- Bike came out of the box with a non-operative Fox Transfer post, so they needed to replace it with the post from another M-Team they had in inventory before I even got the bike. This of course means they needed to drop the motor to route the cable. This was a bummer and cost a few hours of my time waiting for them to do the work. Hopefully the new post is reliable, and they did a decent job routing everything when replacing the motor.
- The bike came to me with a scratch on the crown of the forks which I didn't notice until I got home. It's not that big, but is a pretty clear gouge. Anyway, that helped me to decide not to be too precious with this bike. I'm going to take care of if of course, but will just put helicopter tape on the obvious points of wear (leading edge of down tube, chainstays) and leave it at that, the same as I've done to all of my other bikes. I had been planning to wrap the bike fully, and had ordered an Invisiframe kit in advance, but will likely not use it. If anyone here in the US wants it, I'll sell it for what I paid for it, but I'll cover the shipping cost. I never even opened the package, it's still in the mailing tube. It's for a size M frame, and is the gloss front, matte rear kit. PM if interested.
-R

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Congrats.Damaged and you can't ride it yet! I'd be like my father in law waiting for his lift to the pub on football night.Enjoy

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Feel your pain, ordered a Levo SL last week to collect this week, was rang and told during pdi check they tried to update the firmware and fried the motor so warranty claim in already and the bike hasn’t even got out the shop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles