The dreaded CREAK !!!

Benny22

May 9, 2020
Otley
So I've covered over 150 miles in peace, I washed my E Seniter For the first time yesterday using a watering can Muc off cleaners and a soft brush ....dried it down applied a light coat of muc off bike protect ....wiped it all down and it looked spanking !!!
Hopped on this morning to head to work and its creaking like hell !!!! I've narrowed it down to the crank arm / motor area....check and torqued all pinch bolts and motor bolts with no change at all its definitely not cock pit of the seat as I've totally removed the seat to eliminate it .....does anyone have any ideas ??

Tia

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
So I've covered over 150 miles in peace, I washed my E Seniter For the first time yesterday using a watering can Muc off cleaners and a soft brush ....dried it down applied a light coat of muc off bike protect ....wiped it all down and it looked spanking !!!
Hopped on this morning to head to work and its creaking like hell !!!! I've narrowed it down to the crank arm / motor area....check and torqued all pinch bolts and motor bolts with no change at all its definitely not cock pit of the seat as I've totally removed the seat to eliminate it .....does anyone have any ideas ??

Tia
Hope its not the same as a guy on You Tube called kev bev, who is having trouble with his E-Sommet and seems like a cracked frame, he's having trouble with the Wiggle side too for the warranty claim.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
check where the rear brake, the mounts, and how tightly the hose is spited to the seat stay - if its zipped too tight to the frame it can cause a resonance sound.

Jansurf77

Dec 19, 2018
Cornwall
I had a terrible creak coming from the crank area, spent days trying to work it out. Turned out to be a slightly lose mech hangar. Tightened up and the creak is gone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles