The 2022 Giant Trance E+ rear stay length. It is an issue?

Larno

Apr 10, 2022
Christchurch, New Zealand
I too am from Christchurch and have also ordered a Trance X +3. Small world. I haven't biked in yonks and decided I need to get fitter and dump a few KGs so why not get into Emtb! I think I'll do a few whips around bottle lake before tackling hard stuff lol. Really looking forward to checking out Haswell Quarry park tracks and the Adventure park once I get some semblance of ability :D

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I too am from Christchurch and have also ordered a Trance X +3. Small world. I haven't biked in yonks and decided I need to get fitter and dump a few KGs so why not get into Emtb! I think I'll do a few whips around bottle lake before tackling hard stuff lol. Really looking forward to checking out Haswell Quarry park tracks and the Adventure park once I get some semblance of ability :D
Haha. Yes a small world for sure. I'm going to start out slow too after being off the bike for more than a decade. Would be cool to go for a ride together.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Hey 👍 There was a delay of 3? weeks. Hopefully next week it will arrive.
I seen the Trance e+1 on T7 website on Monday, I'm thinking that was actually reasonable value in current market , thought about it over night checked again in the morning and it was gone from the website! I really want the reign but who knows when they well arrive?
Everything is sold months before it gets in the country in nz it seams.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I seen the Trance e+1 on T7 website on Monday, I'm thinking that was actually reasonable value in current market , thought about it over night checked again in the morning and it was gone from the website! I really want the reign but who knows when they well arrive?
Haha. I randomly saw that bike too with $500 off and medium. Yes it went quick! With my order from Pushbikes I had a think and committed and apparently 3 others were in the same boat and missed out. You snooze you loose right now :D

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
I just took my 2022 Trance X E+1 for it's maiden voyage at Woodhill, Auckland this weekend. Epic bike. My first e-MTB but I have a 2021 Trance X 29er so am familiar with the general geometry. Punched out 34km of trails (on varying modes) and still had 37% battery left. Felt right at home on the bike straight away and felt much more 'planted' than the analog bike. Power in the highest mode is amazing. Can't really beat the spec for the price (I searched high and low for anything close). I'm sure you will have a lot of fun on it, great all rounder as mentioned previously. View attachment 86313
Doesn't look an awful lot different from my 2019 Giant Trance +1 Pro apart from wheel size!! Still waiting for my Giant Trance X +1 (M), and my LBS told me yesterday it has been put back until Week 30 which is somewhere around the end of July!! I am gutted. Jeez Trev, I am 76 and in all probability, only have 4-5 years left riding Grade 3 trails. Waiting to see in " Ilostmypassport' receives his Giant this week. Exactly the same as my order, and Christchurch is only 320 km south of here.. I hope he does.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Doesn't look an awful lot different from my 2019 Giant Trance +1 Pro apart from wheel size!! Still waiting for my Giant Trance X +1 (M), and my LBS told me yesterday it has been put back until Week 30 which is somewhere around the end of July!! I am gutted. Jeez Trev, I am 76 and in all probability, only have 4-5 years left riding Grade 3 trails. Waiting to see in " Ilostmypassport' receives his Giant this week. Exactly the same as my order, and Christchurch is only 320 km south of here.. I hope he does.

Fingers crossed! I was assured this week that delivery is showing next week! Honestly never been more excited and frustrated about a bike delivery before 🤣

On a side note I really love the straight top tube of the 2022 giant bikes. I think that was was caught my interest in the newer bikes as I'm not a fan of that curved top tube design.

Last edited:

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
Nice one, I’m sure it will be a fun and capable bike, I never compared specs on different bikes when I got my first mountain bike-( a 2019 etrance ) the grin is still on my face nearly 3 years on, just enjoy the new bike and have fun!.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Shane, FYI Pushbikes have a X1 in medium. Giant 2022 Trance X E+ 1 Pro 29er Electric Mountain Bike

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 9.20.53 AM.png

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Thanks

I would prefer to shop at T7 as I can get a discount there, also I'm a bit over 6'3 so most likely need a XL size.
My current bike is a trek powerfly LT9 which also has a long chainstay 475mm even bigger than the trance. Being tall and quite heavy the long CS is great for climbs, the bike park in chch has a few steep sections on the up hill trail which I use pretty regularly.
Not so good for popping the front wheel up though.
Any word on your wheels?

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Thanks

I would prefer to shop at T7 as I can get a discount there, also I'm a bit over 6'3 so most likely need a XL size.
My current bike is a trek powerfly LT9 which also has a long chainstay 475mm even bigger than the trance. Being tall and quite heavy the long CS is great for climbs, the bike park in chch has a few steep sections on the up hill trail which I use pretty regularly.
Not so good for popping the front wheel up though.
Any word on your wheels?
It should be ready for pickup Wednesday :) Fair enough about buying from T7.

I popped into EVO cycles near Tower Junction yesterday for the first time actually, and could not believe the range of stock in that shop. So many bikes and accessories. Awesome to chat with too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles