TEC or internal battery

Tom Rae

Mar 24, 2021
Scotland
Is there any way to indicate which I am running on? I have a Focus Jam2 and I thought I was running on the TEC but I was actually running on the internal battery which I had wanted to keep charged.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I don't see how you can connect them incorrectly other than dirt in the connectors.
You can check which battery is draining and therefore connected just by pressing the 'on' button on the TEC battery itself. If the condition/state of charge bars on the TEC battery are dropping as you ride the bike then that will show that that battery is connected, which it will be.

Tom Rae

Mar 24, 2021
Scotland
Cheers guys but I have not explained myself properly. When I connect the TEC it does not always make a good contact, as Peaky Rider suggests it could be dirty contacts, so while I think I am riding on the TEC, in fact I am draining the internal battery. How do I know that the TEC is actually connected if both are fully charged? It is normally not an issue but sometimes I can only take the TEC in to charge it so I like to leave the internal charged up so I have both fully charged for the next day.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I know your problem.
I found that if I press the power button on the TEC pack to activate the the charge lights and then quickly press the frame "on" switch I am in TEC pack mode.
BUT frequently have to double check the connections as they are not the easiest to check ...I just wiggle them .
My frame battery now only charges to 4 bars so I can see which battery is connected by the charge display....its not the clearest of set ups .

Tom Rae

Mar 24, 2021
Scotland
I know your problem.
I found that if I press the power button on the TEC pack to activate the the charge lights and then quickly press the frame "on" switch I am in TEC pack mode.
BUT frequently have to double check the connections as they are not the easiest to check ...I just wiggle them .
My frame battery now only charges to 4 bars so I can see which battery is connected by the charge display....its not the clearest of set ups .
Thanks Old Bean, very helpful. Like you I really enjoy my Jam2, despite my advancing years.
Tom

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles