Swinley forest

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Thinking of going to swinley for the first time does any one know if it's open and the best place to park car and maybe cycle for a few miles to get there

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
Swinley is open now but the car park and visitors centre / toilets aren’t I believe!!!!

we were planning on going next week but no point if car park is closed still ?

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
There is a Sainsbury’s just up the road in easy cycling distance but you‘ll be subject to their time limit (2 hours maybe??)

and buy a sandwich or red bull, at least that way you can say you were shopping there!!!!! ?

Reactions: MsO

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I get the train as im only four stops away but they have 40 or so parking spaces at Martins Heron train station. Then just a short ride to Swinley.

Reactions: MsO

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Ok great so is it open now thinking of going early Saturday morning for a couple of hours

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Ok great so is it open now thinking of going early Saturday morning for a couple of hours
Take a map from trailforks because its easy to get lost if your new there. I start out on the blue trail and always end up on the red trail somehow. It's a great place though and shouldn't be very busy if the car park is closed at the weekend ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles