Swinley forest a no go for ebikes?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
TBF I'm pretty sure Al only grew his hair long so I'd have something to hold onto ;)

We're both big boys and can take just as well as we give. We should all meet up in real life, 3-way and see who flakes first really. :)
You said my long hair helps you forget the ungodly abominations we commit together

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
It really does annoy me when people talk about ebikes ruining trails, its so narrow minded. In my opinion its just relics that refuse to acknowledge e-bikes and in their jealous rages try to prevent us having fun.
Agreed the statement on trail forks has no sound logic to it at all.

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
Interesting read as picking up my first e mtb this Saturday and have full intention of heading down to Swinley as only 20minutes from my house.Its been many many years since my mountain biking days so was looking forward to building up my confidence gradually on the various trails.
I may well be nursing a few aches and pains Monday morning

Airz

Aug 16, 2018
Farnborough
I've been going to swinley weekly for the last 1.5 months since getting the ebike and other than a few "oh is that an ebike" and "That's nice" no one has said a word about it. I also usually see at least 1 other ebike while I'm there but they are still fairly rare to see in the wild so to speak.
I have to say on the whole most people seem to be really interested in it rather than negative and I'm always very courteous on the trails giving people plenty of room to go at their own speed until they find somewhere clear and decide to stop and let me past. As long as you aren't making other trail users experience worse I think most people are usually just intrigued.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles