Swap from SRAM to Shimano XT

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Pretty much destroyed my rear derailleur today and my long term goal was to go to XT anyway. Bike is a Cube Hybrid 160 TM with fulcrum rims and hubs. Is there a way to convert the rear hub to micro spline from XD? I can't really find any info on doing this with a fulcrum hub.

If folks are going to ask, yes, I know I can use an XT derail and shifter with the SRAM cassette and that's what I'm going to do for now, but long term would like to migrate towards all XT. Thanks

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
I'm just converting my Levo Comp from SRAM to XT (brakes & drivetrain) & to avoid having to replace my rear wheel, I kept to an 11 speed as this didn't require the micro spline as the 12 speed required ?
Decided to change cassette,rotors & everything...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm just converting my Levo Comp from SRAM to XT (brakes & drivetrain) & to avoid having to replace my rear wheel, I kept to an 11 speed as this didn't require the micro spline as the 12 speed required ?
Decided to change cassette,rotors & everything...
Likewise, did the same and stayed 11 speed. Did it in stages as an experiment, xt derailleur first, if you set it up carefully, despite the tiny cable ratio difference, this will work with the sram shifter - though would probably increase wear on chain/cassette as alignment wouldn't be perfect. XT shifter is nice, I thought with the mechanism (you push, it pre-loads, then moves the derailleur in one swift motion at the end of the movement, would be heavier, but it's not and whist not a fan of double shifting, it's actually quite useful). Went deore cassette as it's all steel.

Superkoochy

Patreon
Oct 19, 2018
Bathgate
How many pawls does your current freehub body have? If it is 3 then DT Swiss produce a generic 3 pawl microspline kit which can be used with most wheels.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles