• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Sustainable EBikes- Keeping up with tech

PacificTourer

Mar 27, 2024
East Coast of Australia
In 2017 I cut the bottom bracket out of my Yuba Mundo, TIG welded in a e-bike mount and fitted a de restricted E6000 motor. It’s now toured 5 countries, PNG, Solomon Is, Malaysia, Singapore and parts of Australia, done 30,000km, 4 wheel sets and now the engine is knackered. I would like to suggest it’s done more MTB than most MTB while it was in PNG.

I want to replace the motor with a current model, e8000, EPS, or an equivalent Bosch or Bafang with all cables and battery.

Seeking to find out the dimensions of the motor mounts somewhere, so I can work out if I should modify the mounts to fit, chop the existing mount out and replace with a current model from frame builders supply, or some other novel solution?

Any builders out there with spreadsheets on motor mount measurements?

14097.jpeg 31712.jpeg

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
30,000km, was easy the motor was reliable, battery mounts and cables were not. In developing countries I would save the motor for the large ascents and ride for most of the day with the engine off.
The most scary thing was the first cut with the hacksaw on the new frame.

View attachment 137149 View attachment 137150 View attachment 137151
All credit to you matey
Being ally welding the brackets in place you know you'll get pretty sound job
I wouldn't like to attempt that with a carbon frame

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles