Superb service from Sram

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Shout out for Jeremy from Sram. I wrote to Sram to find out the correct 200 hr service kit for my 2018 Lyrik forks which I had upgraded with the newer Debonair C1 upgrade kit (a relatively cheap upgrade which improves performance noticeably) and got a message back with the code number. However, the kit I ordered with this number had the original seal head, not the newer one which comes with the upgrade. I went ahead with the service anyway and used the seal head I got with the upgrade as it looked in good condition to me. I also noticed when comparing the online manual for the upgrade it with the 2018 manual for the Lyrik forks that there were some differences; different lubricants, different procedures etc (I shall post all these in another thread) so I wrote to Sram pointing out I had been recommended the wrong service kit and pointed out some of the discrepancies between the 2018 instructions and those the upgrade.

In reply, I got a profuse apology from Jeremy at Sram, offering to send me the correct seal head and thanking me for pointing out the discrepancies between the two service manuals. I wrote back with a fuller description of all the issues I had had, and improvements that could be made to the instructions and got this reply:

"Thank you for also taking all of the time required to type all of that up. It will be helpful in the process of eliminating confusing material that riders experience. I have sent your entire message to my supervisor and it is now known thanks to you! I will say change takes time and things need to go through a process to make sure everything is covered technically and legally. All this to say, it is appreciated and will take some time to fix the confusion. We do take riders input seriously and will be working on it.
I have asked my teammate in Germany to get a kit to you and while getting it from Germany to Switzerland may take some time it should make it to you!
I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any additional questions at any time. Always here to help!
Cheers!
Jeremy
SRAM Rider Support

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles