Sunny Guildford

Clemski

Jun 22, 2021
Guildford
Newbie to the forum, I live in Guildford so I'm close to the Surrey Hills, and Peasmarsh, where there are some some great trails, really lucky in that respect. I currently ride or did ride a 2020 Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 EMTB. Discovered the other day that the cassette is lose and the freehub is seized solid, so can't be removed from the wheel. I've tried to source a back wheel, but nobody can give the dimensions I need, not even Cube.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Which dimensions or components can't you find?

The Cube website shows the rear hub as a Shimano item;

1624462037599.png

Googling this shows on the Shimano site;

1624462716553.png

If you look at the exploded view it gives a part number for for the spline drive (7);

1624462882206.png

If you're looking for a complete wheel it appears to be a non-boost QR rear wheel (135mm wide hub) and needs to be for a centre lock rotor but you can always buy a new rotor if you can only source a rear wheel with the 6 bolt rotor fitting.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Didn’t know there was another Peasmarsh!, I grew up in the famous Peasmarsh as it’s where Sir Paul used to live ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
there is no reason why you cannot service the hub you have. The cassette comes off in the normal way using the shimano cassette tool and chain whip. You then remove the lock nut and cone nut from the non drive side and the hub axle can then be removed from the drive side ( carefull not to loose ball bearings from the non drive side.
The freehub is then removed using a 10mm allen key inserted into the freehub and unscrewed counter clockwise. At worst you may need a new freehub although that is also serviceable. A few YT videos show you how.

Clemski

Jun 22, 2021
Guildford
Cheers mate, it's like everything else your better off doing it yourself. It was the LBS who said it was seized and couldn't be removed, I'm going to have a go and getting it off this weekend.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles