Suggestions for good centerlock rotors

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Hi,

I’ve got Shimano XT hubs, and I’m looking to change the discs. Problem: the hubs have centerlock disc mounts. Also I do not want centerlock to 6-bolt adapters, it’s just another potential source of creak or rattle. And potential risk of failure too, some disc manufacturers forbid the use of centerlock adapter (Magura in particular).

So any suggestion for good rotors In 203mm, or even 220mm?
I’m heavy, my bike is heavy, I live in the Alps where most of my descents are long and often steep, and I’m no Super Bruni so I tend to drag the rear brakes. To sum up, my brakes get very hot!

I’ve seen the TRP R1C which are 2.3mm thick, anyone tried? It’s actually my first choice at the moment.
Otherwise the Shimano XT or XTR, but do they fair well for hard emtb use? Also I’m not 100% sure they will fit with my calipers, due to those cooling fins.

Thanks!

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Hum it’s actually more complicated than that, as I have the magnet in the disc (currently Shimano RT EM600-L).
so I would need a centerlock disc with magnet installed, so I guess I’m stuck with Shimano rotors...

Unless you can buy a magnet for centerlock discs? I know it exists for 6-bolt disc, but does it for CL?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles