Stuck between 2022 YT Decoy Uncaged 9 or 2022 Turbo Levo with Zed Ultimate Fork and Fox X2

TmecBoludo

Dec 30, 2022
Temecula, CA
Buying a new E MTB this weekend and I'm really stuck between 2 options.
Little about me:
178 CM tall
Like riding flowy trails and some technical downhill. Enjoy hitting small jumps and bunny hopping off things.
I would say I'm at the lower end of the intermediate scale in terms of skill.
Looking for something that can handle going downhill at speed so good stability but also playful and something that I can grow with as my skill level improves.

The Bikes:

1. 2022 YT Decoy Uncaged 9 (Stock) - Size Large - about 99 miles on it, so it's pretty new.

2. 2022 Turbo Levo Alloy - Size S3 - about 300 miles on it. with the following Upgrades:
  1. Zeb Ultimate Fork, 170 Travel
  2. Fox Float X2, 150 Travel
  3. TRP evo dh brakeset with Trp 220/203 F/R rotors.
  4. Cushcore in the rear wheel
  5. Dmr defy 35 stem

I've tested the Turbo Levo briefly in the parking lot but won't really tell if it's a good fit until I get it on the trail.
Will be sitting on the Decoy tomorrow.
Both bikes are the same price.
Hoping someone can help shed some light on these 2 bikes based on experience and make my decision making a little easier.

Last edited:

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I have a 2019 levo and will be buying a 2022 one soon so I’d say levo. The customer care from specialized has been great 1 replacement motor in 3 1/2 years and that was fitted in less than 48hours. I’m demoing the 22 levo next week but after a quick spin on it the other day I know it’ll be even better than my old one.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Both are really good bikes. This is just my opinion, but all around the Levo is better, the Decoy I believe is better when pointed downhill. Add a Cascade long stroke kit and now the the Levo edges out the Decoy on the DH side. I don’t believe the new 720wh battery comes stock on the Decoy. The 700wh battery on the Levo gives hours of trail blasting fun at trail setting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles