Levo SL Gen 1 Strange noises ?

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello,

I keep my bike indoors and I've started to hear random noises from the levo sl. It's powered off, not been used for a couple days and it randomly starts to make a metal ting ting ting noises like you'd expect from.metals cooling down. Anyone have any ideas?

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
I usually blame noises like that on the brakes - The pads in my G2 always rattle around unless i spread the metal spacer thing between the pads.

I could imagine that with the pads essentially just hanging loose on the screw-through retainer bar that even a minor tremor in your room would be enough to ping them against the disc. Like... is the bike parked in a draught?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Hello,

I keep my bike indoors and I've started to hear random noises from the levo sl. It's powered off, not been used for a couple days and it randomly starts to make a metal ting ting ting noises like you'd expect from.metals cooling down. Anyone have any ideas?

That's pretty weird. Is it fully charged when it makes the noises?

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I usually blame noises like that on the brakes - The pads in my G2 always rattle around unless i spread the metal spacer thing between the pads.

I could imagine that with the pads essentially just hanging loose on the screw-through retainer bar that even a minor tremor in your room would be enough to ping them against the disc. Like... is the bike parked in a draught?
I have Magura MT7 fitted, they're magnetic and screwed.. 100% not them. The noise comes from lower tube high up.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hello,

If it bothers you, turn up the radio! :)

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Yes, it's booked in Saturday at LBS to do the update and check it for any faults. It makes the noises whilst switched off.
Does it make the noises when it doesn't have a full charge?
Is the down tube warm when it's making the noises?

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Does it make the noises when it doesn't have a full charge?
Is the down tube warm when it's making the noises?
I'll let you know on Sunday, im going to leave it with around 30% and see if noises still happen. Bikes at room temperature , 20c

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles