Stolen Levo Comp

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Sad day. After another good ride in Wareham Forest I had my 2019 Specialized Levo Comp stolen today.
We had finished our ride and the bike was leant up against the side of my van. I was in the van drinking a coffe and chatting to my mate. A toerag just walked by, got on the bike and rode away. We both chased and I got within a metre of him but he got away.
For any locals on here, we were parked in the Sika Trail car park. The thief rode the bike out onto the road and headed up towards the Silent Woman pub. I went back and drove up the road in the van but could not see him. He probably disappeared into one of the caravan parks just a mile or so from the Sika Car Park. The police have been informed.

Just the usual request to look out for it being offered for sale please.
It is pretty distinctive. Blue in colour but with red Nukeproof riser bars and red Lyric Ultimate fork. Picture below is pretty recent with the only difference being the bike was today fitted with a Mudhugger Large rear mudguard over the top of the mudguards in the photo.

20211014_144142 (2).jpg

Nugs

May 27, 2021
Devon
Gutted for you mate. Its the sheer neck of these scumbags that leaves me speechless.
Im not too far from you so will keep an eye out.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As an update a person on Facebook community group reckons he saw the thief together with my bike at Poole Railway Station getting off the train from Wareham. That was at 6pm. He had another guy with him who had 2 greyhound dogs.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
F***ING BA**ARDS!!! :mad::mad:

Unbelievable how much front someone must have to nick a bike in those circumstances. Jesus now we have to start locking our bikes when we are only a few feet away from them 🤬

Think I'm gonna get one of those under seat remote activated movement alarms, might buy me a few more seconds if I am in a similar circumstance.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
That’s shit I think in future if I lean mine by van when get dressed etc that I might undo stem bolts! Bide bit of time as they try to ride it 😂

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Absolute total b%llock head😡. Had my levo taken just over a year ago and know exactly how you are feeling right now Mike.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Absolute total b%llock head😡. Had my levo taken just over a year ago and know exactly how you are feeling right now Mike.
No subsequent news of it? Ever??
What did you get to replace it?

I dont get particularly attached to possessions but I admit to having some emotional attachment to the Levo purely because over time I got it to work exactly as I wanted in terms of fit and performance. I have another bike so I am not without a ride but it has left a hole and my mood toggles between frustration that I can little more than spread the word around social media, and sadness because the Levo served me well for 2.5 years. Despite the bad Levo rep posts on this forum would suggest I had not one single fault with my Levo.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Interesting that both guys ( bike thief and the man with 2 greyhound dogs) seen at Poole Station were wearing green tweed coats. Not the sort of clothing you see outside of a farm or a country shoot. The guy that saw them actually spoke to the bike thief. He remarked "nice bike" and got the reply " just bought it for 5 grand" ( yeah right!!). Also interesting that he did not notice any particular accent which suggest the thief is probably a local rather than a traveller or from up country.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
No subsequent news of it? Ever??
What did you get to replace it?

I dont get particularly attached to possessions but I admit to having some emotional attachment to the Levo purely because over time I got it to work exactly as I wanted in terms of fit and performance. I have another bike so I am not without a ride but it has left a hole and my mood toggles between frustration that I can little more than spread the word around social media, and sadness because the Levo served me well for 2.5 years. Despite the bad Levo rep posts on this forum would suggest I had not one single fault with my Levo.

mine was never to be seen again. Stolen from my garage and it wasn't covered by my home insurance. Spent lots upgrading, and was always fettling and fine tuning it. I financially recovered after a while but as you say, it's the time you spend tweaking and servicing the thing that's as much of a loss as the money. I bought an SL. In fact the SL was due to be delivered at the time as the break-in. The full fat levo was going to be sold to pay for the SL. I would have had two bikes taken if the break-in was a few days later! So I suppose I got lucky. The levo was only 12 months old

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
mine was never to be seen again. Stolen from my garage and it wasn't covered by my home insurance. Spent lots upgrading, and was always fettling and fine tuning it. I financially recovered after a while but as you say, it's the time you spend tweaking and servicing the thing that's as much of a loss as the money. I bought an SL. In fact the SL was due to be delivered at the time as the break-in. The full fat levo was going to be sold to pay for the SL. I would have had two bikes taken if the break-in was a few days later! So I suppose I got lucky. The levo was only 12 months old
yep you have to grab the positives out of a bad experience........it has been pointed out to me that there is no knowing what may have happened if me and my mate were a ble to catch up with the guy and stop him. Obviously I did not think about that at the time but on reflection if he is so brazen and not to even bother covering his face and risk that he could get away without us catching him ( I dont think he knew how to turn the motor on) he was probably prepared to do whatever was needed to get away.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Had my van nicked when unloading out the back ! Was stood at the road waiting for Jeremy beadle to jump out from a tree ……then remembered he was dead 🤬

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
The thieves came back to my garage months later and tried again but I had upped the security and they failed to get in.
Ebikes are the hottest of targets for the common low life thief. Worth a fortune, non traceable, easy getaway and easy sell.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Deep sympathy @Mikerb :cry:

I could face up to the loss of my bike through my own stupidity. An example of which would be losing the bike off a steep cliff (which almost happened to my bike, and me with it!) But to have some toerag stealing it and getting all the benefit of my hard-earned cash would be very hard to bear. The thought of him sitting in front of his TV smirking while he counted his sale money would keep haunting me for a long time. :mad:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Had my van nicked when unloading out the back ! Was stood at the road waiting for Jeremy beadle to jump out from a tree ……then remembered he was dead 🤬

my pal was putting up his awning on the side of the van at brands.

couple fellas drove in, reversed up, unhitched his trailer, turned it 90 degrees and drove off with 2 race bikes. About 25grands worth.

He was 8 feet away.

like you, thought it was one of us on a wind up 🙈

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
The nerve of some people these days , hope you get it back Mike or get the insurance paid 🤞

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
thanks everyone for the sympathy! It certainly helps tobe a ble to share things like this..........not wishing to spread the misery of course! I am cheering myself up looking at new bikes!!

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
I had mine stolen a few weeks back out of the back of my van. No sign of it yet and it's left me feeling deflated.

Good luck in finding yours.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I had mine stolen a few weeks back out of the back of my van. No sign of it yet and it's left me feeling deflated.

Good luck in finding yours.
dont let it get you down mate. I understand if money is tight getting a replacement might be out of reach but maybe hiring or going second hand are options.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Sad day. After another good ride in Wareham Forest I had my 2019 Specialized Levo Comp stolen today.
We had finished our ride and the bike was leant up against the side of my van. I was in the van drinking a coffe and chatting to my mate. A toerag just walked by, got on the bike and rode away. We both chased and I got within a metre of him but he got away.
For any locals on here, we were parked in the Sika Trail car park. The thief rode the bike out onto the road and headed up towards the Silent Woman pub. I went back and drove up the road in the van but could not see him. He probably disappeared into one of the caravan parks just a mile or so from the Sika Car Park. The police have been informed.

Just the usual request to look out for it being offered for sale please.
It is pretty distinctive. Blue in colour but with red Nukeproof riser bars and red Lyric Ultimate fork. Picture below is pretty recent with the only difference being the bike was today fitted with a Mudhugger Large rear mudguard over the top of the mudguards in the photo.

View attachment 77175
I had Aluminium orange taken from shed must have been mid 90s since then bike attatched to shed not that it would stop a real thief. Your not expecting it when your a few feet away though. So much for all the cctv going about only good for catching drunks pishing in doorways really.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I had Aluminium orange taken from shed must have been mid 90s since then bike attatched to shed not that it would stop a real thief. Your not expecting it when your a few feet away though. So much for all the cctv going about only good for catching drunks pishing in doorways really.
Exactly.....I would never leave the bike unattended, even locked up, and the area I was in is generally out of the way and only used by local people for dog walks and mtb. The bike was on the side of the van whilst I opened the tailgate, and I then had just walked round to the side door on the other side to get something before loading the bike into the back of the van. I wish I could run as fast as I could 20/30 years ago and I would have caught him!!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Exactly.....I would never leave the bike unattended, even locked up, and the area I was in is generally out of the way and only used by local people for dog walks and mtb. The bike was on the side of the van whilst I opened the tailgate, and I then had just walked round to the side door on the other side to get something before loading the bike into the back of the van. I wish I could run as fast as I could 20/30 years ago and I would have caught him!!
Yes i would love to catch a teal leaf , then i would get done he would get community payback as they call it now. Sad world now im afraid i think weve seen the best of it .

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Know this kind of thing happens the world over but was listening to a podcast by a guy I follow from the UK called TeaPotOne "Bru Time." He did couple of shows describing how moto thieves would surround a rider using scooters and physically take the bike. Some used knives or other crude weapons. Some just used force. In the states we're seeing mob scenes becoming more common every day. IDK what the answer is but we all must change the way we protect what's valuable to us. @Mikerb let us know if you have any luck recovering it? The eMTB community seems to be very large there and surely someone will notice that bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles