Standard dropper post?

GolfChick

May 16, 2019
UK
I've got the H15 on order due for Feb and its coming with the standard OC MC20 Mountain Control Dropper and I'm just wondering if its utter rubbish? I've read mixed posts about whether it's going to come as 125mm standard or whether on my medium it'll be a 150mm drop, can anyone confirm either way? I have a warranty replacement brand new one up dropper coming in 180mm which I was going to flog in favour of something better on my SC hightower but I'm wondering now if I should chuck it on the Rise if the standard is going to be rubbish.

mtbrdan

Aug 5, 2020
Scotts Valley,CA
I've got the H15 on order due for Feb and its coming with the standard OC MC20 Mountain Control Dropper and I'm just wondering if its utter rubbish? I've read mixed posts about whether it's going to come as 125mm standard or whether on my medium it'll be a 150mm drop, can anyone confirm either way? I have a warranty replacement brand new one up dropper coming in 180mm which I was going to flog in favour of something better on my SC hightower but I'm wondering now if I should chuck it on the Rise if the standard is going to be rubbish.
My OC dropper took a shit after 3 weeks of riding.

paske

Apr 2, 2021
Belgium
I have a M20 since March last year and have ride 1500km on it with the same OC dropper and it's still working perfectly!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It's just another OEM cartridge based dropper sourced from the Trans-X factory.
Same as a One-up/Brand-X etc. Generally more reliable than RS or Fox droppers as there's a LOT less to fail.
They're also incredibly easy to DIY service and maintain. keys/bushings and cartridges are also cheaper if you require them. But you'll have a warranty if it does fail anyway.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Anyone got an idea of the weight of this dropper? I was hoping to switch it over to a lighter one. A lot of cheap droppers are 650g+ but if it's only 550g it's not worth the cost to me of another £200 to save 100g, or £350 to save 200g with a transfer SL. Thanks.

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
Dropper worked fine for me, but swapped to a 1UP 150 so that I can get my feet down on a size L. Shorter overall length by a decent amount.

droppers.jpg

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
It's better than my previous RS Reverbs, plus as previously mentioned a piss of p*ss to service. Just don't wash your bike upsidedown and it will work faultlessly for longer!

aforestfan

Jul 16, 2020
Swansea Australia

Not sure if I'm a bit late with this, but i have just ordered a H15 in medium & the dropper post is 150mm drop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles