st locker and warrenty

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I run a 27.5 wheel on my wife's Rise and would like to run stunlocker just for the circumfrence change. I get that technically that would void my warrenty. Has anyone sent a bike in that had stunlocker changes and had the warrenty voided for real?

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
It all depends but it can cause issues with warranty because Shimano tool shows if stunlocker has been used to change region or tyre size(anything that affects legal things like speed limit). Stunlocker has feature to reset original settings when warranty is needed but why wouldnt you go and ask LBS to do it officially?

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Cant imagine any shops would be prepared to do that for you and accept the risk.
At the end of the day if it is important to you just do it, I've seen so many conflicting stories about using the app that getting a straight answer will be impossible. If you make changes it appears the best thing to do is ensure you set everything to default in the app if you need to send it in for motor related work.

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

1673049136943.png

Last edited:

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
Cant imagine any shops would be prepared to do that for you and accept the risk.
At the end of the day if it is important to you just do it, I've seen so many conflicting stories about using the app that getting a straight answer will be impossible. If you make changes it appears the best thing to do is ensure you set everything to default in the app if you need to send it in for motor related work.
It’s a standard setting in Shimano software, which shops are using. Noone needs to take any risks, if its done through that (not stunlocker).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles