Sram gx eagle 12 speed cassette alternatives?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I remember reading on here that there is at least one company that do an alternative to Sram's gx eagle cassette. As the price of sram cassettes are sky high at present can anyone recommend an alternative plug n play cassette? 10-50t

Oxon

Jun 30, 2021
The Shire
Garbaruk cassettes are supposed to be pretty good.
I've not tried one myself as I managed to pick up a SRAM cassette for a sensible price when I was looking.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Is it possible to change the spline drive to the older style so you can use the cheaper 11-50 cassettes?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Garbaruk cassettes are supposed to be pretty good.
I've not tried one myself as I managed to pick up a SRAM cassette for a sensible price when I was looking.

All in dollars. my Money has queens head on it.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
E-thirteen TRS plus cassettes. Fit on a xd freehub. Available in 9-46 and 9-50.
Thanks for all the suggestions. It seems the alternatives are even more expensive than the Sram gx eagle cassettes. There was another brand I've seen in the past posted on here but I can't remember who it was. They were a bit cheaper than £200 which seems to be the going rate for most alternatives apart from sun race.

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
That's the thing. Almost all affordable ones are sold out and likely not back in stock for some time. I was alsof looking for a 12 speed and ended up with the e-thirteen TRS plus. It's more expensive but weights less than a gx or sunrace. Not that that is of any importance on a e-mtb:)

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
I will find out if it a as poor as you say.
I have a Sunrace 12 speed cassette in back order. Untill that one is in I just use the e-thirteen.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I've always seen Sunrace as budget parts. but they are a sram company and their cassettes probably come out of the same factory, so if there ain't no flourish of eagle stock soon that will be the likely replacement .

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Things the way they are, I'll be carving out my own cassette from a block of hard wood.

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
I' m using a 11 speed Sunrace cassette with Gx RD on my Trek Supercommuter and it works absolutely fine. It's a litle havier then a gx but the costs are also less.

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
thought that are the chinese ones dog turd?
U/N 12 SPEED SRAM XD CASSETTE 9-50T XC TRAIL ENDURO DH GRAVEL WIDE GX EAGLE MTB

£69 on amazon

sss.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles