Levo SL Gen 1 SRAM axs worth it?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
High Rock Ruti

Have the dropper it is fantastic and worth the money, the derailleur is $700 and I break one or two a year because of sticks getting sucked up, not to mention the torque just chews up chains and cassettes about every 750 miles. I've got Di2 and have only broken one in about 3000 miles just love it, but they are only $190 USD.

Warm Regards

Ruti

LMK where you're finding DI2 rear derailleurs for $180!

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I have full AXS on both my Levo and Kenevo, the Kenevo is on the NX cassette and the Levo on GX. Interestingly the NX shifts far smoother.

One other benefit that hasn't been posted is that in freezing conditions where you would get the cable freezing, this now doesnt happen.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Just paid £370 for the SRAM GX AXS upgrade kit and it was a doddle to fit to my Levo. Only had one ride and the shifting is buttery smooth even under load. It remains to be seen how long the derailleur will last but I’m happy at the moment.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Since I’m building a new frame out I was wondering if I should spend the approx. extra 800 on the axs derailleur and shifter. ive read reviews and people seem to love it. But it Is a steep price of entry.
High Rock Ruti

The AXS dropper fantastic, two years old best dropper of all five of the droppers I ride. AXS derailleur, on Pole Voima, replaced under warranty at 300 miles, (shout to SRAM for standing behind their $700 derailleur) Not impressed with the performance, does not shift much better that mechanical mechs, that's my experience so far.

Warm Regards Ruti

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I am tempted with GX AXS but currently run XTR shifter with XX1 rear derailleur so can double shift up & down but the derailleur is stronger than Shimano which I have on my Mega, which came off my M20

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
The AXS dropper fantastic, two years old best dropper of all five of the droppers I ride.
It goes to show how personal preference is different
I have an axs, a ks lev, oneup v2 and a 9point8 and the axs is my least favorite. I have tried adjusting air pressure but i just can't get along with it

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I honestly don't think I could go back to cable operated after using AXS ( already installed by previous owner) it's super smooth reliable so far , just installed the app and found a few useful items to use 🤟
Dropper post has been trouble free too 👍

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I thought about AXS, but.... it's too big for MTB.
I had normal Eagle mech and I was hitting some rocks 1-2 times per ride, switched to XT M8000.
My friend had GX AXS and, yes, he hits rocks, clutch and everything starts to be lose quite fast, after few months he moved to XT 11s (and did warranty claim on GX AXS, i don't know the results)
short: it's not for MTB

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles