• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Spindle Lengths

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
I have a small E Bike company we are doing and looking for some data. Here is the thing - I live in soft snow country so they are Fat Bikes with big tires. Bosch powered. I'm trying to find cranks that fit and struggling.

What I would value is if anyone has spindle lengths for ISIS spindled motors (Brose, Bosch, Yamaha, others?). Since I am working with Bosch, I can ask for that info from them, but if someone has it handy...

Why I want the data is to see if cranksets designed for another brand would fit. If another brand had a narrower spindle, perhaps cranks designed for them would have greater chainstay clearance.

Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
check out the HOPE website. They provide diagrams with all the measurements for their cranks to fit various E bike motors. The spindle length is only one part of the issue when looking for a crank that fits. The other is Offset........which is how much the cranks flares out from the spindle end to the pedal end, and that offset depends on how much is required to ensure chainstay clearance.

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
You understand my studies regarding offset. No one is really publishing their drawings, so it is frustrating.

I'll check out Hope - Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles