Speedbox (Or similar)

Rob J

Aug 16, 2020
Sheffield
Anybody fitted a Speedbox chip (or similar) to their Gen4 Motor?

I have a 5 month old Stereo Hybrid with the 85Nm power upgrade and was curious to know if anyone had chipped their ride.

Guy at the bike shop warned against it but still curious.

Cheers

Rob

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
I used a Speedbox 3.0 for approx 900 miles and now a Volspeed V3 for 300, no problem with either.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
Why did you change from Speedbox to volspeed
The countdown with the Speedbox wasn't much of an issue initially, the 1-2 minutes as I put my bike away wasn't a big deal, but as I did more commuting to work, whilst waiting at traffic lights or pedestrian crossings, the Speedbox would go into countdown mode, which meant a slight delay from the motor when pulling away.
I find it really ironic that many people who criticised the Speedbox for the countdown, now have adopted a voluntary countdown procedure with the Volspeed, under the impression that this will prevent an error code.

Django

Nov 11, 2020
Belgium
I have a friend who fitted a speedbox to his Gen4 motor on his Radon bike...and having lots of problems. After a few hundred kilometers, from time to time, the motor only would allow him to drive in eco mode ?. He is now planning on buying a badass box.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
I use Eplus wth positive result, so far 3500km with the chip without problem.
The only problem i had in the past, that cause 504 error, was for the mavic magnet mounted, not for this wonderful chip

Spanner Monkey

Jul 27, 2020
Bournemouth
I've covered over 1000 miles on my stereo 160 2020 with my Volspeed fitted, no issues whatsoever I also set the speed limit pretty high and very rarely give it any countdown time. Its very easy to install and Id definitely recommend it.
I installed it with dielectric grease on all the connections to keep the water out as I ride through deep water a lot, seems to be working well so far, I haven't touched it once since installation other than hosing it off with the cover removed as it was covered in mud.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
I have a friend who fitted a speedbox to his Gen4 motor on his Radon bike...and having lots of problems. After a few hundred kilometers, from time to time, the motor only would allow him to drive in eco mode ?. He is now planning on buying a badass box.

It can be corrected 3 times .
On the 4th it will shut down and only a BOSCH dealer can unlock ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles