Speed sensor magnet on centre lock rotors

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Guys,
Is there a way (other than glue) to attach the speed sensor magnet to a centre lock rotor. Specifically on the Levo?

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
i had the same problem as wanted to use my dt sis 1501 wheels , i got round it by buying shimano centre lock adaptors for 6 bolt rotors then just bolted them on as normal , glue not a good idea , it will fall eventually of rendering your bike useless to ride further .

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
For anyone who might still need to know this - I used full strength araldite. It can take up to 3 days for reach full strength. I think the only way it is coming off is with a grinder. I did a good cleaning prep with isopropyl alcohol. I also put a big blob on top of the magnet and lay the wheel flat; the blob eventually made it's way around the sides of the magnet so that it is encased in epoxy. Been like that for 3 months now.

palkox

Oct 4, 2020
Norway
i had the same problem as wanted to use my dt sis 1501 wheels , i got round it by buying shimano centre lock adaptors for 6 bolt rotors then just bolted them on as normal , glue not a good idea , it will fall eventually of rendering your bike useless to ride further .
question for nobbyq: how did you do this? I have DT Swiss wheel set and Shimano centre lock adaptor for 6 bolt. But when I try to assemble there is no room for the speed magnet sensor? Because the screws are underneath the last part that goes on to center and secures the mount. Dont understand how I can do this? Help :) PS Do you have Turbo Levo comp 2020?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I use two neodymium magnets - one on each side of the rotor - with some strong glues as an added safety measure. Been on for over a year and still there :)

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I use two neodymium magnets - one on each side of the rotor - with some strong glues as an added safety measure. Been on for over a year and still there :)
Great idea lumpy. I've been researching how magnets lose their strength - apparently heat is a biggy. I was wondering this because shimano mount their magnets in a plastic housing on the rotor. I will see if I have enough clearance from the caliper to mount mine on some plastic (as an insulator). If there isn't enough room, I will do what you've done for a stronger magnet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles