Speed Sensor Location

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Does anyone have a photo of the standard mounting of the speed sensor on a Scott (Bosch powered) mountain bike?

My neighbour has just purchased a 2nd hand one and the speed sensor has been relocated to the rear stay with a magnet taped to the crank arm and he wants to return it to standard, but we can't see exactly where the sensor fits. It has the standard magnet attached to the rotor, but we just can't see exactly how the sensor mounts.

Darren

Stuart R

Dec 31, 2020
Surrey UK
There's a (Welsh guy with a bright yellow Scott eRide) showing a badass speed deristricter box installation on you tube which shows the items you describe and its original location in the video - the original magnets are in the brake disc ( sorry - don't have the link as I came across it by accident)

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
There's a (Welsh guy with a bright yellow Scott eRide) showing a badass speed deristricter box installation on you tube which shows the items you describe and its original location in the video - the original magnets are in the brake disc ( sorry - don't have the link as I came across it by accident)

THANK YOU....... I found the video and sent it to my neighbour and he has now been able to get the speed sensor back into the factory location

Darren

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles