Spectral:On front wheel problems - help!

Jacob_murray

Oct 11, 2018
Worcestershire, England
Had my 6.0 for about 5 months now, not a super hardcore rider and normally just ride around my local trails (West Midlands). In the last week I made the change to tubeless andddd my rim won’t hold air... there is a gap where the factory join is on the rim, at its widest it’s 0.5mm. I haven’t put tubeless sealant in yet as I wasn’t sure if I would be sending the rim off so would be a waste.

Can I claim this on warranty as a manufacture defect or should I just slap some sealant in it, hope it seals the gap and ride it until the hoop collapses ?! Many thanks, Jacob!

Jacob_murray

Oct 11, 2018
Worcestershire, England
I’m reluctant to send the bike off because from what I can tell Canyon would ask for the whole bike back so I’ve got to send it back to Germany and it’s just such a ball ache. Was contemplating just buy whole new front wheel or just a new hoop!

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
I had the same issue when setting my 6.0 up tubeless. My first attempt with a single layer of gorilla tape did not work due to the width of the rim join. The second time I did it I used 3 overlapping layers of gorilla tape, this pretty much covered the width of the inner rim. I've not had any issues with it since.
Although i wasn't happy as the rims are definitely not tubeless design in the slightest.

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
I’m reluctant to send the bike off because from what I can tell Canyon would ask for the whole bike back so I’ve got to send it back to Germany and it’s just such a ball ache. Was contemplating just buy whole new front wheel or just a new hoop!

If it helps..as far as I have experienced, Canyon bikes returned under warranty don't go back to Germany. They just go to Canyon UK and the guys there sort out the issues. Worth calling them up, choose option 2 to get through to service/warranty and ask for Dave C. He is very helpful in my experience.

Jacob_murray

Oct 11, 2018
Worcestershire, England
I had the same issue when setting my 6.0 up tubeless. My first attempt with a single layer of gorilla tape did not work due to the width of the rim join. The second time I did it I used 3 overlapping layers of gorilla tape, this pretty much covered the width of the inner rim. I've not had any issues with it since.
Although i wasn't happy as the rims are definitely not tubeless design in the slightest.
Awesome thanks for the reply mate!

Jacob_murray

Oct 11, 2018
Worcestershire, England
If it helps..as far as I have experienced, Canyon bikes returned under warranty don't go back to Germany. They just go to Canyon UK and the guys there sort out the issues. Worth calling them up, choose option 2 to get through to service/warranty and ask for Dave C. He is very helpful in my experience.
Oh really ? I’ve filled out a contact form just waiting for hear back from that. I didn’t know that so thanks very much, really appreciate it!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles