Spectral 2019 paint chips

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
I gotten a whole bunch of chips on the bottom prt of the frame in and around the motor. Not entirely sure if this due to rocks or something else. Any good ideas on fixing these, do Canyon provide touch up paint or anyone done it themselves? It’s mainly on the black areas. TIA

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't have a Canyon, so I can't advise on whether your level of chipping is typical or not, but that area is the firing zone for all the rocks and stones coming from your front wheel. It is the first area that I protect with helicopter tape. There are other areas that I protect, and some riders protect the whole frame with custom kits (Google Invisiframe).

If you cannot get any matching paint from Canyon, then try Halfords paint shelves (for those not in the UK Halfords is mostly for motor car spares and accessories). Failing that, several riders on here have recommended nail varnish! Apparently there is a massive variety of colours and shades available. Once you have the chips sorted, get yourself some helicopter tape and protect the area to stop it happening again. Next time you buy a new bike, protect the danger areas before you ride.

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
Hi there, thanks for the advice, I will check out canyon and other paint options, was wondering if there was a brand that people had used.

I probably should invisiframed but it wouldn’t have covered all these areas anyway

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles