Specialized levo speed cable

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
What was the problem with the original motor? Cutting out is more likely an electrical connection fault but since the speed sensor also has the ability to cut the motor it is a possibility. Anyone know if the software actually delivers fault codes ( ie like a car EMS)? Just changing components is a poor way to remedy a fault!

Pipkin

Jun 23, 2019
Trowbridge, UK
Specialized said it was the clutch in the motor. It just crunched now again sounding like a slipping chain. So got new one. Fitted it and just cuts out after 10 secs. Now they're sending new speed sensor cable. Luckily it's a common fault so didn't quibble about me paying. Just hope it works.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Having spent years doing fault finding and maintenance I follow the sequence of events.....if the speed sensor worked before the motor was changed why would it be faulty now? Meanwhile all the electrical connections to the motor have been disconnected and reconnected to the new motor. Most faults are caused by human intervention on electrical circuits!!

Pipkin

Jun 23, 2019
Trowbridge, UK
I totally agree. I'd imagined they removed all cables/connectors correctly. Put new motor in and replaced cables correctly. Not sure why Specialized said its a common thing. The speed sensor is only a magnet attach via a wire and then connected to the motor. Has to be the motor, maybe inside/faulty motor?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles