Levo Gen 3 Specialized Levo Comp Alloy Gen 3 '24 dropper post

Karl0001

Apr 20, 2024
US
Hi,
I try to change the dropper post of my Specialized Levo Comp Alloy Gen 3 '24 but it does not move a bit. What do I need to unscrew to make it loose? Is this screw relevant, I can't loosen it.
Thxs and KR

2024-04-20 16.32.50.jpg

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
No that screw is nothing to do with the dropper
Have you release the inner cable from the dropper lever
Your either need to release the cable from the dropper lever or remove the dropper lever from the handle bars

The post don’t move as there is no free play in the cable

Karl0001

Apr 20, 2024
US
I released the dropper lever from the bar and unscrewed the dropper itself, but it's not coming out enough to tick off the dropper from the cable. Does the outer cable need to be moved at all? Can I release the inner cable somehow?

Last edited:

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi no the outer doesn’t need to move at all
All I did was released the inner cable from the lever and the dropper came straight out with the inner cable attached to it and the outer didn’t move at all

Karl0001

Apr 20, 2024
US
I managed to unhinge the inner cable from the lever and it came out a few inch more, but still not enough to release the dropper post. I think I have to cut off the inner cable and put a new one through, the old is too short. Problem is, it has this small knob on the lever side which makes it impossible to pull it out more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles