Other Specialized LBS vs Online

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Has anyone here bought a Levo or Kenevo online and then went to the LBS for support? I have a Levo Comp ordered since September and was promised the bike Dec, then in Jan and latest update is that the container did not arrive in UK yet so will be now Mid/End Feb for delivery to Ireland Specialized LBS. I am thinking not to wait for LBS as Bike24 has stock now but concerned LBS would not look after the bike.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
The point isn't that dealers are willing to do warranty work. The point is Specialized *reimburses* them for warranty work. They're not doing it out of charity :) I purchased my bike at a shop I've been going to since I was 15, but all my warranty work has been at my LBS since the shop I purchased from is over an hour away. LBS has been very supportive, but I agree with @rsmagee it will vary shop to shop.

However I think that's beside the point in this case. You already ordered a bike and now want to back out. That's a very different scenario than purchasing the bike elsewhere and seeking warranty work. I think your LBS would have every right to be upset about that. My recommendation is talk to the LBS first, see what they can do for you. EDIT: and keep in mind this is a seller's market, they'll have no problem selling the bike you ordered I'm sure. It's just better to be up front with them about it.

Last edited:

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Totally agree @Bigtuna00, I will for sure speak to Specialized when next I am to get an update on my bike order (early-mid Feb). I think I have been good waiting twice already when it was not delivered. So 3rd time hopefully will be the charm. But if not I also think at that stage I would be in my rights to go elsewhere and tell LBS the reason.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You might also want to consider the value of having a local LBS and whether it is worth supporting it with your business, including everything that involves in terms of local employment and contribution to your local economy. It is there when you need it and you cannot blame any LBS for prioritising their time looking after their purchase customers.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’m sure your local LBS will look after you. Business is business, after all. My LBS didn’t have the bike I wanted in stock, so I bought it elsewhere, but as they are ten minutes down the road, I’d rather use them for any issues that may pop up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles