Specialized Kenevo Expert 2021 Drive Chain replacement

boytie

Jul 7, 2019
New Zealand
Lazy when it comes to checking chain wear and unfortunately result is I am up to replace the as issued original drive gear. The Cassette, Chain ring and chain. This is 11spd SRAM GX, the cassette is 11-42 and the front chainring is a 32T. So I thought maybe I upgrade the gear to something better, but what. Only thing that made sense to me was the SRAM GX Eagle AXS transmission drive train so I did some investigation and asked around which is just as well, as it turns out it won't work with most full power e-Bikes or so I have been told. Definitely not my Kenevo. So I looked at maybe better quality 11spd stuff but again I was disappointed in that there is nothing really better at a reasonable price and some of the stuff I have seen review on is not compatible with the Brose Engine in context to the Wolf Chainrings. So I though maybe I look at 12spd options. Means I have to replace some more stuff, but that seems not as straight forward as you would think. So either I stay with like for like. It works and it is cheap and look at getting the better derailleur double hanger as a key requirement for my next bike.

Love to hear anyone with a little more of clue than I have if there is some better options and angles I should think about before I go out and buy replacement kit :)

Really struggled to see any forum threads around this and I wonder if others are aware of anyone building some adapter that would allow more universal install of these double hangers like the picture I have added below
1696491805286.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles