SPARE BATTERY FOR 2021 TREK RAIL 9.8

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Yea I get that but trying to find the entire battery cover assembly has been a no go. anyone have a source?

At local Trek store (ie corporate-owned) I saw one of the techs screwing together a spare battery (ie lower battery cover, handle assembly, cover) for a customer - maybe call a Trek (corporate-owned) store in your area? Or you've done that already?

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
I’m waiting til march for new battery cover for spare… until then , I bought the handle part and screw set , screwed the handle on , then all you have to do is undo the two bigger screws on the bottom end and the two smaller screws on the top end … it leaves the bottom part screwed to the side cover , saves some time and fiddling about with too many screws … besides , the battery covers are heavy for what they are … less weight in your back pack

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
ok so if Im hearing you guys correctly you cant order a kit with everything needed to make your own complete spare battery. Is that right? also where DID you order the cover and other bits ?

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
Order from a Trek dealer,
screws 579092
bottom w555588
Top (handle) 572657
battery cover part number varies , mine is carbon red smoke/lithium grey part number 601842449523 , but you might get more options if you search for that...

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
I got mine from here - Trek RIB 625 Wh Akku inklusive Abdeckung für Rail 2021 in 9 Farben

They sell it as a complete kit but they had the bare battery on sale so I bought that and all the other parts (which they also stock separately) and it worked out a lot cheaper than the kit.

I have to point out though that delivery took ages. To the point where I told them to cancel the order and give me a refund. It was only at that point they told me that the cover was out of stock. I changed the color of the cover and it came in a few days. They also do an unpainted cover.

Having a mismatched cover doesnt really bother me. My bike it beat up and covered in mud most of the time anyway. Having a spare battery is great when travelling as you said. We did a couple of 2 week trips in the van this year and didnt always have electric hook-up or sun so having that spare as a back up was a life saver

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles