Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Product Image:
IMG_20200906_174137.jpg

IMG_20201009_172528.jpg

IMG_20200906_174201.jpg

IMG_20200906_174150.jpg

Product name: Spank "Spike 800" Vibrocore handlebars, 50mm rise
Price paid: 61€ (81€ w. Overseas shipping)
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: Bottom line: these things actually work!!!
..do you how it is when something is not quite right, or not working properly, like say a worn out chain? Not shifting well and noisy and so on.. then you put a new one on, and your expecting a big! Impression! A big change! ... But no. It just works! No noise no problems, no fuss. Just does its Job!?
Well that was my experience with the Vibrocore bars.
I had always suffered from "hand pump" and the harder I ride now on my emtb.. the more wrist pain and discomfort I was experiencing after every ride.
I was looking at better thicker padded grips.. but then heard about Vibrocore. I read their "hype".. not really believing, as most hype.. is just that. Crap!
But wanted to try a higher rise bar anyway, to improve my riding position as I suffer from neck pain on long rides.. and reading the science behind it, it sounded like maybe Vibrocore was legit.. found a good deal for them on "bike24" and decided to try it.
What can I say? These are beautiful bars! Shot peened, mat finish with lots of color matching options to match your bike.. a verry nice! Quality looking product! Right down to the packaging and small details. But does it work!?
Put them on the bike, adjusted everything, and took it for a short spin. Verry disappointed! Felt absolutely no change.
Was sure I had been dupped!
But liked the rise, so went back to my normal riding..and after a few rides... It finaly dawned on me! My arms are not nearly! As tired, and no wrist pain! After rides! Hey! This thing is simply working! No fuss.. no bells.. just works! And now over a month later I'm loving it!!!
If you jump off a bike with them, to one without, to try and find the difference, you probably won't!
But they definitely do work!
Amazing, how technology can improve on something as simple as a handlebar!
If you suffer at all from hand fatigue, or any kind of arm/hand pain, or you are getting older like me (50s) then these are well worth the money in my opinion.
The only penalty is 20 grams more weight... Well worth it.
Tim

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles