SP8 Error W103(00)

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Hi

I have just begun riding my Orbea Rise M10 that has the SP-8 RS version which is detuned to 60 nm
I have upgrade firmware according to the E-tube app
When checking Error codes I get warning W10300

I have read other threads here at emtb but is it hardware, software or configuration that is the problem?
What is Your recommendation to do?
The bike is working more or less as before the error

A06CB851-1EF9-42B1-89A2-257CC7C414A5.png

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
The error log is a record of all errors and warning encountered by the motor during your ownership. This message is a warning from a specific point in time. I'm not sure if it gives you a date?
Chances are it is a once off. But its worth ensuring the wires going into the display are pushed in fully.

if the bike is performing as expected it was probably just a once off.

The warning message indicates the display could not communicate with the magnet sensor.

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Thnx for info..no there is no timestamp and there was one time the cable from the "display" was drawn out of its placeholder.
There must be away to flush old errors and warnings then?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I think that error is when you turn the motor on and jump on the cranks before the bike initializes. If thats a log of that happening that no problem at all. If it isnt a log of that error you should be able to turn the bike off and back on as it says in the app.
I did that yesterday on the trail after fixing my chain that i broke(unrelated to error). Motor was off as i fixed my chain. Turned it on after the fix and jumped on the bike straight away to get going and got that error. I always wait until the motor/display initializes but i guess i was still distracted by my fix it and jumped on the bike before it initialized. I usually watch the dusplay after i turn the bike on until it shows its initializung. Maybe you dont have a display. I wonder if the app would show it initializing after you turn the bike on? It only takes about 10 seconds ,after you turn the bike on, before you can torque on the pedals

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Just for clarification, is the "log" a

a. cumulative non-volatile log that lasts forever?

b. cumulative log that is reset every time the motor is turned on?

c. display of real time errors that changes when the errors are cleared?

I'm asking because yesterday my crew stopped and we were bü11shįttìng for a while. When we restarted, my bike had timed out and turned itself off. I turned everything back on, but the assist was either non-existent or very weak. I remembered reading about torque sensors, booting up, etc., so I stopped and then restarted everything. All was well. But after reading this thread I became curious and went down to the garage to check my error log. It's clear. I expected to see an error, but didn't. I'm not complaining, but I've found that sometimes it's best to learn how machines operate while everything is fully functional, rather than after it's blown up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles